Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thoughts Without Words: New Wonder Woman TV costume

Since I seem to talk about costumes quite a lot around here, I might as well give my thoughts on the new Wonder Woman costume for the new tv show. Heck, I even talked specifically about Wonder Woman when she got her new comic costume awhile back.

Well for those that still haven't seen it, here is the new suit.
This might surprise followers of this blog, but I really don't have that big of problem with it. You can clearly tell it's WW. There is no black pants or leather jacket, just the classic colors. The one thing that really jumped out at me and does each time is the boots. The boots should be red. Not just because that's the way they have always been, but it just becomes too much blue from the waist down.

Here is a nice side by side comparison with the Linda Carter WW suit;The tops are pretty similar, but it's the boots. I like the new gold trim on them, but they need the red. And I will be honest with you, the missing stars aren't that big of deal to me and the shocking thing is that the pants don't really bother me either, which is funny considering I blasted the Jim Lee comic re-design for not having shorts. I read somewhere that the 3 red stars on WW seem out of place and I didn't really notice them, but if they were to dump one of the stars from her belt or chest it wouldn't hurt.

Overall, it's a nice suit. If they were to give it some red boots, I might even say it was a perfect updated look.

No comments: