Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Free Speech for the Dumb: Arnold Schwarzenegger

The first "two-time" Free Speech for the Dumb award goes to our former governor of CA.

For those who haven't been paying much attention in CA our governor decided to reduce the sentence of a convicted killer right before his term expired. The attention grabbing part was that is was Fabian Nunez's son, Fabian was the former speaker. Schwarzenegger has tried to defend it, but he finally let his true feelings show;
“I feel good about the decision .... I happen to know the kid really well. I don’t apologize about it,” said Schwarzenegger, who noted in his commutation order that Esteban Nuñez, 21, did not deliver the fatal wound that led to Santos’ death. “There’s criticism out there. I think it’s just because of our working relationship and all that. It maybe was kind of saying, ‘That’s why he did it.’ Well, hello! I mean, of course you help a friend.
Wow...wow. I got nothing...seriously, this is why CA is messed up and why no one trusts politicians.

No comments: