Monday, April 25, 2011

Music Non Stop: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions

I was never a big fan of Arch Enemy until I picked up The Root of all Evil. It was a solid album, even though it was just re-recordings of their first 3 albums. What I noticed is that musically, they are thrash with a touch of melodic death metal thrown in. What throws them into the melodic death metal category full time is the vocals. I have grown to love the guitarists in this band. Some awesome stuff.

So when I heard about a new album I decided to see what it had to offer. They released a video for their first single, Yesterday is Dead and Gone. Musically, it's great. I can't find one thing to complain about. It hits it in the right spots. Vocals, nothing special but hey you know what you are getting here. I will say for a girl, she does some awesome death vocals.  I will definitely see what else they have to offer on this album.

No comments: