Friday, August 13, 2010

Who Decides: Top 15 Phineas and Ferb songs

I have been doing a lot of Phineas and Ferb stuff lately, but oh well it's a great show and deserves the recognition.

Every episode seems to have some sort of musical number in it. They are all relatively short, but catchy and memorable. I have narrowed the list down to 15. This was pretty tough...almost as tough as making the top 10 albums of 2008. It amazing to see these songs sung by the actors because they sound awesome. Although to be fair the voices for Candace and Vanessa are singers in real life (Ashley Tisdale & Olivia Olson) and it shows as their songs are usually the best.

Honorable Mention: I Really Don't Hate Christmas
This gets this spot because this is from their Christmas Special and it was really the first episode I watched and picked up on how great it was. This song is a classic. Dr. Doofenshmirtz hates everything...except Christmas. Listen to everything he hates though...



15. I'm Lindana and I wanna have fun - 80's all over this one. This sounds like it could have been recorded by Tiffany or Debbie Gibson. Classic beat and vocals. Music is right on too. What else makes this great? It's sung by Vanessa's voice Olivia Olson.



14. Disco Miniature Golfing Queen - great disco number which really shows how talented these guys are when writing songs. It has all the earmarks of disco and it works.



13. Gitchi Gitchi Goo - this has to make it since this was the first song for the show. It was actually episode 3, but the Disney execs loved it so much it was the debut episode. This could have been a radio hit if it was released during the right time.



12. Squirrels in My Pants - So we have a disco song and this is straight up classic rap, nothing gangsta here, just great beats and hilarious lyrics.



11. Mom It's Your Birthday - so this is a comedy show and to change the tone of it in the span of 1 minute is pretty impressive. They do it more than once, as you will see, but this one is special. I find it funny how Candace's mom is so touched by the song that she doesn't realize Phineas and Ferb built a huge stage and satellite hook up.



10. J-Pop - this was just released and it is already a classic. The Japanese techno beat, the anime characters, and Candace being confused at the end...perfect.



9. Mix and Mingle Machine - I hated this song the first time I heard, but it is so catchy it gets stuck in my head every time I hear it now. The chorus, the witty lyrics, and infectious melodies makes this one a keeper.



8. Backyard Beach - I hated this song even more than the last one. It's a combo of reggae and some rap. Like Mix and Mingle Machine it has a beat that gets stuck in your head and you end up singing it all the time.



7. Missing My Nemesis - another momentum changer here. With flashbacks to Perry fighting Dr. Doofenshmirtz to watching Perry put his hat away...so moving for a song. Best part is when my kids watched it, my 2 year old pointed at Perry and said "Perry sad"



6. Busted - So Candace and Vanessa are the professionals right? So how do you think this song turns out? It's great. The vocals are perfect. They do some harmonizing in it as well. It is a hard genre to put in, if anything it goes more to a showtunes type song...I know weird.



5. I'm Me - Another Vanessa song. This one is just a straight up rocker. When I first heard it I thought it was Kelly Clarkson singing. Olivia has a powerful voice and lets loose on this one.



4. Come Home Perry - Another sad one. But not as sad as the next one. Nice melody and chorus. It might not be as good as some of the others, but it is catchy and really relaxing.



3. Little Brothers - did I say that was relaxing? This is relaxing and with the video, probably the most touching song on this list. Reminds me of Anthrax's N.F.B. (Dallabnikufesin)...huh? In that you can make any song sad by throwing in an acoustic guitar. The lyrics in here are funny if you listen closely.
Even when you break my toys, you will always be my
Little brothers, cause you're younger, we're related, and you're boys.
Even when you're making to much noise, you will always be my
Little brothers, cause you're younger, we're related, and you're boys

classic line...cause you're younger, we're related, and you're boys...too much.


2. A-G-L-E-T - probably their best achievement in terms of writing. You are listening to a song that is all about the tip of a shoelace. How great is that? And with the corny "We're gonna tie the world together?" perfect!



1. Carl/Undercover Carl - I know it's two songs, but they are equally great because they are the same song with different lyrics. It has that sort of heavy metal fist pumping music.






Hope you enjoyed the list. I know I missed some good ones, but I had to keep it somewhat low...I wanted to do 10 originally.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your list but....my 2 most favourite songs from the show is "Dance baby", the song from Doof's evil workout video.
The other song is, "There's a platypuss controling me". To me, this is the most hilarious/clever song ever!

Mr. W said...

Yeah There's a Platypus Controlling Me is definitely a new favorite, but that episode wasn't out yet when I made this list.

I think I will have to re-visit this topic again in the future.

Thanks for the comment

Anonymous said...

mybestsong choice is the evil love...nothing more nothing less

i can feel how that evil guy seems to feel strange like an ordinary person...sad to know you donot have that in your lit

Mr. W said...

I like that one too. It was difficult to get this list to 15. Like I said I think I might revisit this list and update it. Queen of Mars is another song that would be on the list now, but didn't make it before. Gotta get on it.

Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp consolidate credit card debt
debt consolidation services

Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp credit card debt
consolidation loans

Anonymous said...

If you are going for most excellent contents like myself, only visit this web
page all the time as it provides quality contents, thanks
credit card debt relief

Anonymous said...

Great list but my favourite songs are little brothers and aglet :D I just luv the song aglet