Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What can brown do for you? Roll Call

Well I figure that since I am going to be telling alot of UPS stories I might as well have a post to kind of explain who's who.
The "original back-side four"
Jordan - my sort supervisor partner, taught me everything I knew about the sort aisle.
Rob C. - unload supervisor, competitive...nuff said.
Rob S. - unload supervisor, laid back army guy.
me

The "new back-side four"
Adrian - sort aisle supervisor, quiet, could always get the job done.
P.J. - unload supervisor, competitive, funny, didn't let work bother him (should've listened to him more)
Andrew (Drew 1) - unload/small sort supervisor, was super competitive hard worker until UPS sucked it out of him.
me

Load Side Supervisors
Trevor - Trevor was once my employee and still is a good friend. Made him "sup up" I don't think he ever forgave me though. Worked in the back with us for awhile, got shipped out though...pretty shady.
Chris - late everyday...shifty.
Robert M. - oldest part time sup there...knew his stuff. I took over his belt after 1st peak season.
Phillip - him and Rob were super close friends. I became pretty good friends with Phillip. He taught me alot about load side and what UPS really thinks of its part time supervisors.
Brian - after Robert M. was the second oldest. still there and from what I hear he has a pretty laid back job now.
Kenny - crazy Kenny...now a full timer.
Jeff C. - replaced me in the sort aisle...thanks Chuck. Solid sup better served on load side.
Jeff A. - looked like Drew Carey

Other Part Time Supervisors
Curtis - E AM's supervisor. Easy to imitate on the radio
Mike P. - bulk supervisor. Mike and I bumped heads alot. He was always trying to be the alpha male.
Mike L. - didn't get along early, but after awhile became ok with each other.
Ness - ness...
Bailey - always wore a hat. Was only a sup for like a month...and I remember him, how bad was he?

The "Full Timers"
Shon (Sean, Shawn) - 1st full time supervisor, funny. If you worked hard for him he looked out for you. BTW, I saw his name spelled all those ways.
Tom - most of my stories will probably have Tom in them. We had a love/hate relationship for awhile, but I would say the last 2-3 years of my time there we got along great. Solid sup, always tried to get the most out of everyone.
Chuck - Chuck...
Lou - building manager for 2 - 3 years out of my 5 there. We bumped heads alot until my last year there.
John - oh John...a company man. Funny, but didn't stand up to alot of people.
OT - division manager, tried to fire me.
Anthony - my last full timer when I was in the back...didn't like me at all... at all.
Randy - full timer, laid back. Kinda like PJ.
Bill - always hard to remember his name because Rob C. called him Flint (from GI Joe) one time and that's how I remember him.
Ric - Ric...back side full timer...butted heads a few times, but he knew I could get the job done.
Mike - division manager, told us his daughter could do a better job of running the back side than us.
Dave - building manager for like 3 months. Was from Palm Springs...tried to compare unloading 3 trailers a night to 30+....yeah we bought into that one.
Marie - worst sup ever. Seriously, she would always try to boss us around. Messed with her the most.


That's a pretty good run down of who's who. I might have forgot a few, but I will fill them in later.

No comments: