Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spotlight: Megadeth

ok, I am in the middle of giving my thoughts on Megadeth, so I won't be too long today. Let me say that the first part of Megadeth's career (pre-Risk) was filled with thrash classics. Most fans will tell you that KIMB, Peace Sells, SFSGSW, R.I.P., CtE, Youth, and CW are their best. Most will tell you up til CtE actually. Their first 5 albums are classics. I'm not gonna tell you they aren't. All I can say is to give their post-Risk career a listen.
Adblock

Most kids are caught up with Hangar 18 because of Guitar Hero. And I'm not going to complain. but listen to other songs off of R.I.P. then. I would have to say my favorite thing about CtE-era Megadeth was how the rhythm guitar had that hard crunch sound...yeah kinda like Metallica. But seriously, listen to the opening riff of Symphony of Destruction and Angry Again...killer.
Adblock


Adblock


So next week, I will highlight their last two albums and give you what I think is a good playlist of the last 3 albums.

Playlist for the week:
Monday: Last Rites/Loved to Death, Peace Sells, Mary Jane from KIMB, Peaces Sells, and SFSGSW.
Tuesday: Hangar 18, Holy Wars...Punishment Due from Rust in Peace
Wednesday: Tornado of Souls, Rust in Peace...Polaris from Rust in Peace
Thursday: Countdown to Extinction, Symphony of Destruction, Angry Again from Countdown to Extinction and Hidden Treasures.
Friday: Blood of Heroes, Family Tree, New World Order from Youthanasia

No comments: