Friday, May 14, 2010

The Last Laugh: Eric Holder

I guess this isn't as much funny as it is sad. Here is the US Attorney General, who has been bashing the Arizona law for the past 2-3 weeks, testifying before a panel admitting that he hasn't even read the law yet. How sad it that? Oh it gets better...the bill is only 10 pages long! That means if he were to have read one page a night her would have finished about 10 days age. That is unacceptable to have a top US official calling a law unconstitutional without even reading the bill...what a fool.


Some of my favorite highlights;

ATTORNEY GENERAL ERIC HOLDER: I have not had a chance to -- I've glanced at it. I have not read it.

POE: It's 10 pages. It's a lot shorter than the health care bill, which was 2,000 pages long. I'll give you my copy of it, if you would like to -- to have a copy.

That's a knockout right there. Instead of staying down, Holder opens his mouth again.

POE: You have some concerns about the statute. And it's -- it's hard for me to understand how you would have concerns about something being unconstitutional if you hadn't even read the law.
It seems like you wouldn't make a judgment about whether it violates civil rights statutes, whether it violates federal preemption concepts if you haven't read the law. So can you help me out there a little bit, how you can make a judgment call on -- on that, but you haven't read the law and determined whether it's constitutional or not?

HOLDER: Well, what I've said is that I've not made up my mind. I've only made -- made the comments that I've made on the basis of things that I've been able to glean by reading newspaper accounts, obviously, television, talking to people who are on the review panel, on the review team looking at the law.

That's right...our Attorney General got his all of his information and opinions from watching the tv!!! God help us all.

No comments: