Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Inside Four Walls: teacher gifts?

Ok so every now and then a student will give me a gift at Christmas or the end of the year (not like my wife who teacher's kindergarten). And every now and then a student will bring me some food, maybe a cookie or cupcake. No big deal.

Today, I found out that one of our teachers got the ultimate gift from a class/students (not sure how it broke down). Seems that this teacher is a big fan of the Final Fantasy game series. And apparently, the new one just came out on the Playstation 3. So he was telling his class that even though he would like to play the new one, he wasn't going to buy a PS3 just for the one game.

So what did his class (or some students) do? They went and bought him a new PS3! For those who don't know the price of one of these, it is about $250 - $300. Yeah, puts my cookies to shame.

I talked to him after school and you could tell he really wasn't sure about keeping it. I don't know what I would do if a gift like that came my way, especially if it wasn't from an entire class.

No comments: