Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spotlight: Metallica Week 2

Another week of Metallica, this week we hit the classics; One, Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, and For Whom the Bell Toll. I have to admit hearing these songs reminds as to why this band is my favorite. The riffs, the drumming, the vocals, and the solos...all perfect. Yes I said perfect. I had a few students that were asking me for the titles of the songs so they could go download them, mainly for One, MoP, and FWTBT. I really could spend a whole year listening to Metallica and Megadeth, but I can't.

This week not only did we hit the classics, but we really covered just how diverse Metallica is. We go from Until it Sleeps, which is a hard rock/metal song to Ride the Lightning which showed the beginnings of what Metallica was to become. We hit the super popluar songs with Enter Sandman, which everyone always says they have heard before...nice to know I guess.

Metallica is by far my favorite band and I am looking forward to the new album. I am hoping for a return to old form. I am not looking for something like RtL2 or anything like that. But a nice mix of styles...almost like a Cryptic Writings type of album.


Playlist for the week:
Monday: Bleeding Me, Until it Sleeps from Load
Tuesday: Enter Sandman, Sad but True from Metallica (the Black Album)
Wednesday: One from And Justice for All
Thursday: Master of Puppets from Master of Puppets
Friday: Ride the Lightning, For Whom the Bell Toll from Ride the Lightning

No comments: