Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summer School

so day 2 of 24 for summer school. I don't mind summer school, it breaks up the monotomy of summer. It is 5 hours though...which can get kinda boring. It's funny because most brain research says that after 20 minutes the brain just kind of shuts off for awhile. So I have to find a way to present 4-5 sections in a 5 hour span without frying their brains. I don't find it too challenging until the later chapters that are more difficult. I'll give the students credit, I never wanted to do a summer school class in high school. Now in college I did take Advanced Calculus in the summer. It was my last "hard" math class (until I sat in on Topology Math 417..yikes!) and it went 3 hours a day 4 days a week...or something like that. Anyway, I liked it because that was all the math I had to learn. Although what made it somewhat worse was the fact I had just started working at UPS @ 3 a.m. everyday. I am happy with the fact I pulled off a B or B+ in the class after I totally aced the final. Seriously, you know that feeling where you just happen to know everything on the final? That was me. Ahhhh memories.

No comments: