Thursday, June 28, 2007

Summer school & some random movie thoughts

ok so we are 2 weeks into summer school with 4 more to go. This pace is pretty crazy for me. I have never taught so fast...ever. The students are doing a great job of keeping up, but I am pretty worried about later chapters in the 2nd half. It is all brand new material. I give them a lot of credit though, 5 hours a day,a ton of homework every night, and tests pretty much every other day...that's tough. I don't know how many will pass or fail. I expect most if not all to pass 1st semester, but I can't say anything about 2nd...too early.

Ok so something you might/might not know about me is I am kinda nerdy/fanboy when it comes to movies/comics/etc. Two new movies are coming out this summer, Die Hard 4 & Transformers. I will talk about the latter later (how's that for a tongue twister?). As for DH4, seriously how can they make a Die Hard and have it rated PG-13? DH is a rate R movie...always has been always should be. For that reason alone I will probably never go see it. Listen Die Hard was a classic action movie. Tons of explosives, shootings, adult language, and humor...with a little love story for the women that had to see it. DH 2 was more of the same, except it was a total change of location. The thing I liked about DH 2 was that it was a stand alone movie, there were very few references to the first DH (minus the plane scenes). As for DH3...ugh this is were it jumped the shark. Now I love Sam Jackson (huge Star Wars fan remember?), but he killed it. McClane doesn't need a sidekick. To me it just smelled of cheap movie tactic. The only thing I did like about DH3 was the "fuull circle" approach from DH1...the whole brother thing. It was done perfectly. I saw the previews for DH4 and I see the wanna-be cheerleader guy from Dodgeball running around with McClane...that is even worse that Sam Jackson. A ton worse.

ohhh man, why did they do this? Seriously though it can't be as bad as the new transformers movie coming out. I will tackle that one later.

No comments: