Monday, January 17, 2011

The Sun Always Shines on T.V.: New Season of SW: The Clone Wars

I talked about this a couple of weeks back after this trailer was released.

It looked good...especially the ending. But 2 episodes in, I'm not really feeling it. I know this was supposed to be a movie (1st 3 episodes) and seen together. However, being that we have to wait a week in between each episode it makes the whole story feel disjointed. The story is slow to develop and the Jedi have only been seen in the first episode for a few minutes. Other than that it has been all Dooku and Asajj Ventress.

The plot is nice to see the Emperor realizing Dooku is trying to overthrow him, so he orders Dooku to kill Asajj. And in turn Dooku gets a new apprentice who seems to be pretty bad ass himself.

I feel like I am in the minority because I like The Clone Wars. It's a great concept to tell all of the stories from the Clone Wars. You can see the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin develop and makes the battle in Episode II & Episode IV actually mean something.

I wish that they would do something similar to this except make it between Episode III & IV. I know they are planning a live action series, but I think that the CGI is so good. There are just so many places to screw up with live action.

There is still part 3 of this "movie" so I am still hoping for something big. And I will probably watch it again when CN puts them back to back to back. Oh well I'll update this post in a week.

No comments: