Thursday, February 21, 2008

Another sad day...

Sometimes I can't believe what my wife goes through. Last night she found out her friend from her old school district passed away from pneumonia...pneumonia. She was only 31. Let me say that again, 31 from pneumonia. You don't hear stuff like that. She was a super healthy person too. What's sad is that she had two children 5 & 3. My heart aches for those kids and for her husband. The thought of losing my wife is something I can't even think about. It's just a very tragic situation. And I really can't do much to help her out except comfort her.

My wife has had 2 rough pregnancies. With our first, her elementary teacher, who she kept in touch with her whole life, passed away. This is that special teacher that you all remember. She saw every graduation my wife ever had, from elementary to high school to college. She was even at our wedding. This teacher even wrote a book based on my wife. After her teacher passed, my grandfather also passed away. My wife knew my grandpa for almost ten years. She didn't remember much about her grandpa and kinda latched on to mine...not that it is bad. I enjoyed watching them interact. But I think she was torn about being happy about being a mother, but having to mourn.

Now with this pregnancy, she had to whole bus incident, our cat Charlie dying, a friend of hers having a miscarriage, and now this. I feel so bad for her. I just want her to be happy. I wish there was a way I could take away some of her pain. I love her so much it breaks my heart to see her sad.

No comments: