Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Sun Always Shines on T.V.: "And I'll form the head..."


for those that don't remember that line you missed out on one hell of a cartoon. I am of course talking about Voltron. Back when I was a little kid afternoons were filled with cartoons...not Oprah and Dr. Phil. I remember coming home on a Monday and watching this cartoon about 5 guys (why is it always 5?) finding keys to "awakening" lion robots to form Voltron.
Now the thing I liked about the series looking back was the fact that you didn't get to see Voltron in action from day 1. You had to wait a few days to see them find the lions and get them to work. Nowadays it seems like from the beginning heroes can do no wrong...no learning curve so to speak.
Voltron was a great show, I remember when the writers had Sven leave the show because of injury. Unheard of at the time because most heroes just healed and went back to work...similar to Robotech with characters dying.

Read more about Voltron HERE and HERE.

BTW, the reason I am writing this is because Voltron is abck on Boomerang at 7:30 EST/10:30 PST. If you have directv, watch it at 7:30 it's worth it.

No comments: