Monday, February 25, 2008

New albums....2008

Is it too early to talk about my favorite albums of the year? I am so impressed by about 3 albums that right now could easily be in my top 10 this year. Protest the Hero's Fortress, Biomechanical's Cannabilised, and from what I have Mercenary's Architect of Lies. And this year we will also see a new In Flames album. I have heard the first song from it and it really didn't hit me like Take This Life did, but who knows right? A new Metallica album by the end of the year.

I am a little disappointed in Bullet for My Valentine's latest Scream Aim Fire. It's ok, but nothing great. A little too commercial sound for me. Ya know. I am also pulling for Guns N Roses to finally release Chinese Democracy. Beyond the Embrace is due for a follow-up to the Insect Song as well.

You might be thinking "that's only 5-6 albums...not even close to 10." Keep in mind it's only February. And these are albums by bands I know. I didn't know about Lazarus before last year and that album is still in heavy rotation on my ipod. Cavalera Conspiracy should be good because I keep hearing it being compared to older Sepultura. So who knows. You never know about music. Keep an open mind and see what comes your way right?

No comments: