Thursday, December 30, 2010

Yesterdays: Not a bad year...

So as 2010 comes to a close, it really hit me how much this blog has grown over the past year. The first thing I noticed is the number of posts increased dramatically. Up until this year I had a total of 198 posts. This year alone I am probably going to be 225-227. 2008 was the big year with 108, but that was also the year our school blocked Blogger with Webwasher.

I also really cleaned up the blog. Not anything dirty or anything, but organized it better. I have tags for every subject, so readers can just search the tags that they want to instead of reading the whole page.

Of course, I can't forget having one of my posts get put on another blog. That was a huge highlight. It was my post on special ed (HERE). Joanne Jacobs picked it up and posted it on her blog (HERE) which helped get some publicity for my blog. I think that helped open my blog up to more readers and hopefully I kept a few.

I would like to find a way to have more comments on here. I know I am getting viewers, I check that with Analytics, but I guess more interaction would be nice. When Joanne posted my story, I had over 100 visitors and yet not one comment.

Other than that, nothing much else to talk about. I thought it was a fun year, except for October when I had only one post.

No comments: