Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Music Non Stop: In Flames - Deliver Us

I like In Flames. I can't deny it. They were one of the first bands that got me into the heavier type of metal with Clayman. If I had to describe that earlier sound it was almost like Iron Maiden with harsh/death vocals. Well like other bands, their sound evolved. The band that put out Whoracle & Clayman is pretty much gone. They came close to recapturing that early sound on Come Clarity. Sense of Purpose, their last album, was bland...and I think that is being nice. That was probably their first album since Whoracle that I just couldn't "get into". Reroute to Remain & Soundtrack to Your Escape were solid with Reroute to Remain actually being one of my top 3 In Flames albums.

Well enough rambling about the past. They have a new album coming out, Sounds of a Playground Fading. Not the most metal sounding title, but it's In Flames, I'll give it a chance. Their first single, Deliver Us, came out and it has a sort of Reroute to Remain/Come Clarity feel to it. I know it is one song, but it's not as bad as I was thinking it would be.

No comments: