Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Good Nu-Metal?

School starts up again tomorrow...oh well it was a fun summer. Curious to see how my classes did on the standards testing...wait a couple more months.


Let me blame this one on Limp Bizkit. I do my post on how catchy Limp Bizkit was and next thing I know I am listening to nu-metal...wtf? So let me say this, not all nu-metal is bad...yes a majority is very bad, but there does exist a few good bands. Also Sepultura and Soulfly were both nu-metal bands during the 90's, they hid behind the whole "tribal beats" thing, but it was nu-metal. Hell, Fred Durst and Jon Davis both did vocals on Soulfly's debut...nuff said. Now the funny thing is that most nu-metal bands are coming out of South America...an obvious influence from Soulfly and Sepultura (both from Brasil).

Most of these bands I will list you have never heard of, but if you are into nu-metal or were check them out.

Pr1mal - Pr1mal: this is my kind of nu-metal. Fast, great beats, a DJ that scratches like a lead guitarist, and some great vocals. Yeah I know that some of it is in spanish or some other language but who cares it's great nu-metal (is that an oxymoron?)

Adblock


3rd Strike - Lost Angel: this is a little more rap than most nu-metal bands, but it works ok for me. I heard they broke up, which is a shame because they were pretty good. Now the song they made their video for is not a great example of this band. This is definitely an attempt to be a radio friendly song, but it has it's moments.

Adblock


Twin Method - The Volume of Self: How did this band not make it big? A very Linkin Park kind of sound with harsher vocals...maybe that's it. Some catchy choruses here people.

Adblock


Five Pointe O - Untitled: not sure if this counts as nu-metal, they have nu-metal tendencies, but if they are...they are solid as well.
Adblock


Reveille - Bleed the Sky: these guys are kinda like Limp Bizkit, catchy choruses with some pretty hard crunchy guitars.
Adblock


Twisted Method - Escape from Cape Coma: once again...these guys could have made it big...similar to Linkin Park with more heavy behind it.
Adblock


If I was to recommend on band here it would be Pr1mal...hands down my favorite.

No comments: