Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day Back!!!

Well today was the 1st day of a new year. We had a minimum day, so that means only 32 minutes with each class. It's hard to gauge the students on day 1 because they are attentive and trying to make a good impression. Unfortunately, you have some seniors or even juniors who come in with a chip on their shoulder...why?

It is going to be a fun year this year. Last year, I felt I did an excellent job on Algebra B. I focused in on it and made a huge effort to teach it better and prepare the students for the CST. Well our school API went up, but I won't know about my classes until next month or so...still nervous. I put in alot of effort and I hope it paid off. This year I am focusing in on my Algebra 2 classes. I was able to get more practice on the material during summer school, so we will see.

As for music, I always start off the year with School by Fear Factory (a cover of Nirvana's song, but I am not a big Nirvana fan) & Van Halen's Hot for Teacher. VH has a cool drum intro that usually draws in the kids. As for School, well take a look at the lyrics:

Won't you believe it
It's just my luck (x4)

No recess (x3)

Won't you believe it
It's just my luck (x4)

No recess (x3)

You're in high school again (x7)

You're nothing again!

No recess (x7)


If there was ever a song for the first day of high school that's it. Well...let's see where we are next time.

No comments: