Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Sun Always Shines on T.V.: Are you kidding me?

Ok so I am watching t.v. this weekend and I am watching 3 of my favorite shows when I realize I didn't list them here. So let me add onto my favorite t.v. shows if you will.

1. The Soup - ok this show has a special place in my heart because when I was in high school and the first few years of college it was known as Talk Soup. Greg Kinnear was the host for the first few years and after he left the show it kinda went downhill until it was canceled. Well a few years ago I am flipping through the channels and find this t.v. sho showing highlights of other talk shows & reality ala Talk Soup. Then I find out the name... The Soup. Oh was I happy. The new host Joel McHale is a throw back to Greg Kinnear. He has a quick wit attitude and doesn't really care what he says. They make fun of The View, Rosie, Tyra, Oprah, and Maury...just like Talk Soup would have, but now they have reality shows to make fun of. You name it, they have probably made fun of it. You know I could talk about it but check out their YouTube page.
The Soup's YouTube Page
The Soup's Homepage

2. Robot Chicken - If you grew up in the 80's then this show is for you. Created by Seth Green, the show uses stop animation techniques with dolls to create short (like 1-2 minute or even 5 second) clips based upon pop culture. Let me put it this way, the first episode had Optimus Prime getting prostate cancer. Ok that's not too funny, but then when he dies he transformed into a casket...that's funny. Robot Chicken just had a big Star Wars episode. As a Star Wars fan, watching some of the clips were hilarious...whether it be Darth Vader telling Luke that he created C3P-0 or a janitor picking up the bodies at the bottom of all these pits where the villains fall down. If you are a fan of Star Wars check that out. In fact you can watch the entire episode on their site HERE.
Robot Chicken Homepage

3. Best Week Ever - ok in a nutshell, this is like The Soup only with a bunch of people commenting about shows instead of one guy. It works mainly because of the editing. The way they switch between comments is what makes it funny. This show started because of all of the I Love the ____ shows VH1 was doing, so they created a weekly show. They have free podcasts of the show at Itunes as well. So basically if you like The Soup, you will like BWE.
Best Week Ever Homepage


BTW, for any of these shows, if you want to see some clips (or whole episdes) just go to YouTube and type in the show...something is bound to come up.

Ok next time, my favorite canceled shows.

No comments: