Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thoughts Without Words: Teachers blogging

I am at a cross roads here when it comes to blogging about work. I never mention a student's name or sex for that matter, so it is nearly impossible to determine who I am talking about. I don't bad mouth students or anything like that or curse at them online.

However, every time I turn around it seems like another teacher is being suspended or fired for blogging about what goes on in the classroom.

I'll be honest with all of you, blogging about my job isn't worth losing my house or not being able to provide for my family.

I thought about blogging in the summer about the previous year, but I don't think that would work either. Generalities? Maybe, but still doubtful.

I will still blog about music, TV, comics, politics, and even educational topics, but what goes on in my class, my school...gotta say I'm not so sure anymore. There is just too much grey area.

No comments: