Saturday, June 05, 2010

A Future Uncertain: Grown Ups

I wasn't sure what tag to put this under, but it isn't out yet, so why not this one?

Anyway while driving home one day I saw a billboard with basically the cast of Saturday Night Live from the late 80's early 90's, David Spade, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, and Kevin James (of course not on SNL). Now to me this was the glory years of SNL. I know others will say the original or even the late 90's, but for me when you look at that cast which also had Phil Hartman, Chris Farley, Kevin Nealon, Dana Carvey, and Mike Myers it's unbeatable. There before you are some of the greatest comedians of our time. Anyway, I don't want to get sidetracked...

So the name of the movie is called Grown Ups. I took a look at the trailer and found myself laughing pretty hard. Now Kevin James does seem a bit out of place and some say if Chris Farley were still alive he would be in the movie instead of James. I would probably agree with that statement especially because in the trailer Kevin James does a classic Farley physical joke.

See? Anyways, this looks great. I hope it does well because their post-SNL projects have been hit or miss. Hopefully, this one is a hit.

No comments: