Friday, November 09, 2007

Spotlight: nu-metal

well it was bound to happen. I finally did it though and went ahead with a week of nu-metal. Now I don't have a problem with it anymore because it isn't as blown out of proportion. And I have to admit what I played this week was pretty fun.

I won't go into too much discussion about nu-metal because I just talked about it HERE.

The only thing I did which I am proud of is shown my students that nu-metal started back with bands like Aerosmith, Faith No More, and Anthrax before Korn and Limp Bizkit.

Playlist for the week:
Monday: Walk This Way by Aerosmith w/ Run DMC & Bring the Noise by Anthrax & Public Enemy
Tuesday: Somewhere I Belong, Faint, Numb by Linkin Park
Wednesday: Papercut, One Step Closer, Crawling by Linkin Park
Thursday: Flow Heat, Blind My Eyes, No Light by 3rd Strike
Friday: Alive & Youth of the Nation by P.O.D.

what's next a week of Limp Bizkit?

No comments: