Thursday, October 11, 2007

Spotlight Fear Factory REMIX


Now we will have a regular week of industrial music which includes Fear Factory, but this week we change it up a bit and go with their 2 remix albums, Fear is the Mindkiller and Remanufacture. After thier debut, Fear Factory decided to remix 4 of the better songs off of the album. Now FF plays industrial metal, so the industrial elements added border on techno music. If you took out the guitar riffs that drive the song it would be techno. Fans were a little shocked, but it had enough guitar to keep fans interested...at least it did for me. Well that's not entirely true. When I bought Demanufacture, it came with Remanufacture. I had no idea what it was. I was happy because Demanufacture was so good I figured it should be as good...it wasn't. It took me about a year before I could listen to that album.

After Demanufacture, they put out another remix album. Except this one was a little different, they remixed every song with a new title that was similar to the original. They even threw in some instrumental songs (sounds) that weren't on the original. For me, Remanufacture is better than Fear is the Mindkiller. It could be that Fear is the Mindkiller is just 5 songs and 2 of them are the same or that Demanufacture takes more chances in terms of pushing the techno/metal line.

I am not sure how to describe the music. It really does border on techno, but at the same time it has the definte metal undertones. I have to say I have grown to love these albums. Last I heard they were planning another, but nothing has been mentioned in awhile...so who knows.

Now I usually post videos from the albums, but to be honest...there are none. Just this video for Final Fantasy someone made which uses a song.

Adblock


Playlist for the week
Monday: Self Immolation (Vein Tap Mix), Martyr (Suffer Mix) from Fear is the Mindkiller
Tuesday: Machines of Hate, Self Immolation (Liquid Mix) from Remanufacture & Fear is the Mindkiller
Wednesday: Genetic Blueprint, Cloning Technology from Remanufacture
Thursday: T-1000, Cyberdyne from Remanufacture
Friday: New Breed, New Breed (Spoetnik Mix), New Breed (Revolutionary Designed Mix) from Remanufacture

No comments: