Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Sun Always Shines on T.V.: BSG Final Season & Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Well another 2 weeks and another post. I talked to our tech guys and he told me that our district is still working on a separate log in for teachers that isn't as strict as student log ins. Only time will tell.

Anyway, on to the subject at hand. It's been almost one year since the rag tag fleet found Earth only to find it destroyed by a nuclear war. The episode was great. Let's face it though, it had been so long (9 months) that anything was going to make me happy. But it didn't disappoint, highlights for me:
- The 13th Colony was all Cylons, and they had a civil war and destroyed each other on earth.
- Starbuck finds her own dead body...WTF?!?!?
- Dee kills herself (didn't see that coming[in fact it ranked up there with Boomer shooting Adama during the first season as shocking moments go])
- President gives up hope (what would Obama say?)
- 5th Cylon is "revealed" to be Ellen who died last season
Basically a ton more questions and a great episode can't wait for Fridays again.

The other show I am really loving these days is Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Now before Episode III came out they had a regular cartoon version which hits some of the highlights taking place before the last movie. This show is CGI and tells more of the story of the war itself. I have no idea how many seasons/episodes it will have, but I am hoping for a lot. The animation is the best I have ever seen on a tv show. I mean the prequels were full of CGI and there are times (space battles) when it seems like you are watching a movie. You can't really see Anikin's turn yet, but you know it's coming because he has a padawan, Ahsoka Tano. Now she is destined to bite the big one somewhere during this show because she doesn't turn up during Episode III. The other nice thing about the show is that it doesn't focus on Anakin all the time (like the cartoon version). We have episodes where Anakin and Obi Wan don't even appear. How about an episode without Jedis? Does it work...yep. The Star Wars universe is so big there is a ton to explore.

My only complaint is Jar Jar...yes he makes appearances (2 so far). I just hate Jar Jar, the fans hate Jar Jar why must we be forced to watch him? By the way, this isn't a kids show either...lots of death and destruction. This series was made for the fans. I really want a show that takes place between Episodes III & IV, but this will do for now. I hear the live action show will cover those 20 years.

Next post...who knows.

No comments: