Monday, June 25, 2007

Musical tastes

Well it's that time of year again when my tastes in music start to shift a bit. Now despite this being one of the best years of metal, I still get bored after awhile of the same thing. And let's face it metal is usually verse, chorus, versus, chorus, solo, chorus, verse, chorus...and if you are lucky another solo. So anyway back to the topic at hand. Lately, for about 2-3 weeks, I have been listening to female fronted metal bands (or combo of male/female). Now maybe it was my review of Lacuna Coil, but something made me want to listen to it. I have created a playlist on my Ipod of 69 songs that simply rock! It's not just gothic metal either, there is some symphonic metal, metalcore, death metal...all solid music as well. Now for those who are wondering...how long does this phase last? Who knows...the longest I ever listened to female metal was about 1 month. Personally, I see myself blowing that away. Reason? Ipod; only selecting the best songs is what makes it so great...no skipping of songs.

No comments: