Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The future begins Wednesday

My wife and I are moving in to our new home in Upland this weekend, but we are going to get the keys this Wednesday. I am excited to move into our new home, afterall this is the home I want to live in for the rest of my life. This is the home I get to see my little girl take her first steps, speak her first words, and watch her grow up in.

It's amazing to think I have known my wife for over 10 years, we met as sophmores in high school...summer school no less. We went to the same colleges and eventually got married. I can remember picking out the ring for her, or buying the 'promise ring' in college. I remember our first apartment, 1 bedroom...not even 800 square feet, but it didn't matter because we were married and happy together. Our second apartment felt like a mansion to us, and with that master bedroom who wouldn't have? But with the housing market on it's way up my wife told me we needed to buy a house. Now I was working part-time at UPS, waiting to go full-time, so I told her we didn't have enough money. She said it was now or never. I am glad she got her way because she was right, if we didn't buy then, we never could have afforded to buy a house. I got another job at Lowes as a cashier...retail sucks! We spent the last 3 years in our little house. But now we need to expand and grow old together.

I have alot of memories of my life with her, some I will share, just to re-live them as I type them down...so they bring a smile to my face again. And it is exciting to know that I will be able to make new memories in our new home with our little girl.

No comments: