Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thoughts Without Words: We've got a jumper here...

I got this from Darren's blog, but I will basically say what I said there about this.

A high school class went on a field trip to the Golden Gate Bridge. Pretty cool right? Well some 17 year old decided to jump off the bridge, why? Someone dared him. Now he is lucky to be alive because;
Someone leaps off the iconic bridge an average of once every two weeks - last year, 32 jumpers died. About 98 percent of those plunges end up being fatal and authorities rule most of those deaths suicides.

The Marin County Coroner's Office and the Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District have said that up to 1,500 people have died after jumping off the bridge since it opened in 1937.
When I read stuff like this it makes me think that one day my pay could be tied to someone like this. Or better yet, I am considered a bad teacher if I can't make students like him proficient or advanced...yeah that's fair.

No comments: