Friday, May 08, 2009

The Sun Always Shines on T.V.: Scrubs

2 posts in one week? what the frak?

As you can tell I am still adjusting to life without BSG, which ended about a month ago. Friday nights are a little less enjoyable without it, but I have managed with The Soup, PTI, and Scrubs. Well scratch another one of the list, Scrubs is supposedly done.

They aired their season (series?) finale this past week. It focused on J.D.'s last day at Scared Heart. I have seen lots of finales (obviously) and this one ranks up their as one of the best. The writers have always done a great job of balancing humor with emotions. I remember the first episode I saw was the one where Brendon Fraiser (yes him) *spoilers* died. I remember laughing so hard at times during the episode, but then wiping tears away at the end.

Scrubs has done it all. The finale was no different. Watching J.D. all episode trying to get Dr. Cox to tell him how he felt, only to keep getting rejected was very sad. Then when it looked like it wasn't going to happen...bam it did. Awesome writing and acting. And then the last scene where J.D. "sees" his future was a great way to end the show.

There is talk of a spin off with some of the interns that were introduced this season. A few weeks ago I was all for it, but after this ending...I doubt they could top it. Rename the show, but don't call it Scrubs. We saw what happened when Spin City tried to go on without Michael J. Fox. The show was still funny, but it lost a lot of the original magic. Side note, the creators are the same.

No comments: